(makes 15 truffles)
1 scoop protein
2 tbsp nut butter
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1) Mix dates, protein powder, nut butter, and unsweetened cocoa powder (manually or using a food processor)
2) While ‘dough’ is being mixed, toast coconut flakes
Stove-top: Add coconut flakes to a large skillet using low-medium heat; stir flakes every couple minutes until they become golden-brown
Oven: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; spread coconut flakes on a non-stick baking sheet, and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until golden-brown.
4) Once the ‘dough’ has reached a thick and smooth consistency, take a small amount and roll into a ball.
5) Roll dough ball in a light layer of honey
6) Roll the honey coated dough ball in toasted coconut